The next topic I plan to cover for Climbing the Publishing ladder is self-publishing. This is a great post that summarizes the different publishing routes along with their pros and cons!
Publishing, no matter which path you choose, can be rewarding and equally difficult. Deciding which way to go has become increasingly more complicated with the pros of the traditional publisher being scaled down to match the pros of self-publishing in today’s evolving market.
Weigh your options. For some writers, there is only one way. For others, the pros and cons of both paths complicate the decision. There are risks and rewards choosing either, but knowing the process might help you decide what is right for you and your manuscript.
- Your novel has a better chance of being available in bookstores
- Editing and cover art is handled by the publisher
- You are guided through the process from manuscript to publication by an editor
- Some blogs only review traditionally published books on their site
- You exchange control for the pros and prestige of being with a publisher
View original post 775 more words